The thing is… Last New Year I wrote a post about how Jillian Michaels said on facebook that the first 12 days of your New Year determines how the rest of the year will play out.
I was all panicked because I learned this already 4 or 5 days in to January and obviously, this ignorance was exclusively how I fucked up 2012.
Last year I wrote not one, but two lists of New Years Resolutions and I am ashamed to say that I dropped the ball on most (but not all) of my goals.
1) Eat more chocolate DONE!
2) Drink more wine Check!
3) Sell at least 2 of my children into slave labour Fail
4) Stow away on Dom Castelli’s Cruise ship Did not happen
5) Breed goats DONE! But only in my mind…
6) Ask boyfriend if I can have a girlfriend (again) Did not go over well
7) Embark on career as VCR repair woman Still working on the business cards
8) Convert to Rastafarian-ism Lost interest
9) Start cat shelter DONE!
10) Start smoking again Fail
List number two
1) Update The Lady’s Lounge and Sweet Vegan at least 3 times a week each. Almost but not really even close…
2) Finish writing my first book. FFFF-
3) Finish writing 14 songs Nope
4) Perform internationally at least once this year Done!
5) Lose 10 pounds Yes! I lost over 20 pounds!!
6) Heal myself Not even close!
7) Produce 2 shows in Montreal Not done but… I have a surprise for you coming up in May….
8) Attempt to start playing violin again Attempt completed albeit entirely unsuccessful.
9) Meditate regularly. Meditating and napping aren’t the same thing though right?
10) Yoga at least 3 times a week Fail
Okay. So Here’s the thing…
For 2013, because I have grown rather attached to them, I am keeping all my leftover resolutions from last year, instead of making new ones.
PLUS! As a super awesome MEGA-BONUS I am going to blog every single day for the first 12 days of January, so as to ensure that my 2013 continues to play out with all a y’all right here by my side.
I love you all so very very much.