So I posted about New Year resolutions, joking about how people who keep their resolutions private are either planning to fail and protecting themselves from inevitable humiliation or giving themselves an excuse to procrastinate on the completion of their goals.
I posted a list of my own resolutions for 2012 but being the self-analytical person that I am = being the insomniac that I am – owning a cat in heat who screams bloody murder all night, insuring that even in the brief moments that my body was planning to let me sleep… I don’t.
I’ve come up with more resolutions.
I may have to quit my job to keep up with them all but so be it.
Is it not worth it to my children to live in a refrigerator box if it’s the only thing that makes their mother truly happy?
I mean, I’m doing it for them really. What kind of parent would I be if I didn’t show them by example to never stop evolving – never give up on your dreams?
Why am I inflicting my life plan on you?
As an experiment, to see if being publicly accountable will help motivate me. I’m going to write them here as they come to me and cross them off the list as they have been accomplished.
So here it is, in no particular order:
1. Update The Lady’s Lounge and Sweet Vegan each at Least 3 times per week
2. Finish writing my first book
3. Write 14 songs
4. Perform internationally at least once
5. Lose 10 pounds – Done! I lost 20 lbs
7. Produce two shows in Montreal
8. Attempt to start playing violin again
9. Meditate daily
10. Yoga at least 4 times a week
11. Master mindfulness to the best of my ability
12. Practice unconditional acceptance
13. Find a job I love to do that pays me what I worth
14. Create 4 brilliant new acts
15. Take a couple refresher driving lessons (I’ll explain later)
16. Take a dance class
18. At least 4 photo shoots for DamianaDolce.com
19. Study another language
20. Make most purchases re-used, recyclable, bulk, homemade, fair trade, local earth friendly etc…